Define the issue in a way so that visitors know you understand exactly what they are experiencing.
Planning around RSUs is challenging because it can make up a large portion of your overall compensation and stock prices may fluctuate significantly. Since your compensation isn’t known with certainty, it’s important to plan your cash flow wisely, reserve enough money to pay taxes on the RSUs, and model different retirement plans based on how the RSUs fluctuate in value. You will also want to consider how much of your overall net worth you want tied up in the company you earn a living from, taking into account risks that could derail your financial future.
- Do you understand the tradeoffs between holding and selling the shares after they vest?
- Do you understand the taxation of RSUs?
- Can anything be done while you are waiting for the shares to vest?
- What happens to the units if you separate from service?
Pose a question in a way that creates a call to action
How we help
When determining a diversification strategy for your company’s RSU units, we want to clearly understand your broader long-term goals. There are specific trigger points for taxation as these shares vest and are subsequently sold. Mapping out your current and future tax situation is an important framework to help make diversification decisions. We will work with you to evaluate your RSU awards and develop a strategy that seeks to maximize your opportunity, while minimizing your risks and tax liabilities.
Our process includes:
- Proactive tax planning around your vesting schedule
- Develop a strategy for retention and/or diversification of your RSUs
- Worst-case and best-case scenario modeling based on how the stock performs
- Mitigate risks associated with trading the stock when in possession of material, nonpublic information