Schedule a free consultation!
Robert Thomas, CPA
As a financial advisor, Robert is passionate about helping clients navigate important life decisions and building lasting relationships. He brings a wealth of knowledge when it comes implementing tax reduction strategies into client’s financial plans. Robert takes a proactive planning approach to ensure strategies are implemented timely and accurately. He is a Wisconsin native and now lives in Coto De Caza with his wife Trina.
Case Study: Sale of a Business
You made it. You’ve done well to grow your business, but without a team of experts, knowing what to do during and after the sale of your business can feel like boarding an airplane without the pilot. There are many tax implications, questions around what to do with the proceeds, and how best to set yourself up for your next endeavor. Given that this may be the largest transaction of your life, wouldn’t it be less stressful to start this new chapter with a team of CPAs, financial advisors, and other experts to make the most of what you’ve accomplished?
- Are you structuring the sale of your business in the most tax-efficient way?
- Are you maximizing the opportunities presented by the proceeds from the sale?
- Are you better off receiving the proceeds of the sale all at once or in installments?
- Have you considered charitable giving in coordination with the sale of your business to reduce your tax liability?
How We Help
Our discovery process and depth of expertise will bring peace of mind as you embark on what can be a stressful process. With a dedicated team behind every step of the transaction, we work to maximize opportunities and alleviate uncertainty by crafting a plan in alignment with your future goals. With our support, you’ll have more time to start thinking about life after the sale of your business.
Our process includes
- Certified Public Accountant to identify the optimal sale structure
- Project your tax liability and provide advice on making estimated tax payments to avoid underpayment penalties
- Reassess your goals given the change in the liquidity of your assets and incorporate any changes in your retirement plan
- Determine the level of risk you may want to take with the sale proceeds and layering in an investment plan
- Discuss your goals given the change in the liquidity of your assets and how best to structure your estate plan