Define the issue in a way so that visitors know you understand exactly what they are experiencing.
Changing jobs brings a mix of emotions. You have a new way of being paid, a new work culture, new co-workers, a new role to master, and a new way of life for part of your day. While all the newness can be overwhelming, it’s easy to overlook the planning opportunities that come with a transition of this magnitude. The opportunities often only exist for a short window and it is critical to capitalize on them when available.
- Do you feel comfortable evaluating your severance or new benefits package?
- Should you roll over your 401(k) or company retirement plan to an IRA?
- Have you determined how your job change will affect your existing employee stock options or how the change in income will impact your future financial and personal goals?
- Does your new employer have a deferred compensation plan? Should you participate?
- How will you evaluate your executive compensation plan options?
Pose a question in a way that creates a call to action
How we help
While your life may feel like a whirlwind, your financial advisor will be here to coordinate all the moving parts of your transition, allowing you to focus on the changes in your new role.
Our process includes:
- Creating a customized financial plan that includes advice on investments, taxes, insurance, retirement, and estate planning
- Careful evaluation and personalized recommendations on severance/benefit package, pension, deferred compensation, stock options, RSU’s, and executive compensation plans
- Providing advice on how to handle prior 401(k) plan to optimize investment options and reduce fees